Lost Wages (round 2)

Jeremy Newman jnewman at codeweavers.com
Tue Nov 5 16:50:02 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 16:31, Rick Romero wrote:
> There are a couple fixes for IE + png posted at:
> http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngfaq.html#msie
> I thought I had seen one that used JavaScript, but I can't seem to find
> it.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

I should correct myself here. IE's support of PNG is busted. The PNG's
load, but they do not render opacity correctly. Like in my images,
instead of a transparent background it renders it with some color from
the image.

Compare the logo between Mozilla and IE and you'll see what I mean.

I blame IE here, but it could be Gimp's fault as well. I'll play with it
some more. I'll try saving the image from Paint Shop or Photoshop to see
if that makes any change.

--

__  _WebGeek/SysAdmin CodeWeavers -= http://www.codeweavers.com
| \| |_____ __ ___ __  __ _ _ _   -= http://www.dracowulf.com
|    / -_) |  | / '  \/ _` | ' \  -= jnewman at codeweavers.com
|_|\_\___|\_/\_/|_|_|_\__,_|_||_| -= ICQ: 1842980 Yahoo: laxdragon