Avoiding FunctionA/W Duplication

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Nov 5 19:51:38 CST 2002

On November 5, 2002 08:23 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Of course another problem with option 5 is that you lose all type
> checking, so the compiler cannot warn you when you confuse the string
> types, plus it requires ugly casts. Better avoided IMO.

I have to agree, even if in listview.c I used this technique. I did
manage to avoid the ugly casts, and the compiler warnings are not
really a problem (for various reasons), but it required careful coding,
and at the end of the day, I don't think I would want it generalized
in other parts of the code, despite it working to our advantage in
the listview.c case. The pitfalls are not worth the trouble in general.

--
Dimi.