Interrupts / Move most of int31 to winedos

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Nov 6 13:24:34 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:32:07PM -0500, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On November 6, 2002 01:19 pm, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> > What's relevant is whether we still need to be able to use a real Win32s
> > subsystem or not (and whether it's even still possible !).
>
> This is a hacky subsystem, and the associated code is hard to understand,
> and maintain. I see no reason to support it, and only if it was just for
> the simplicity we gain by dropping it, we should do it. It makes msdos work
> more difficult, and that is a problem *now*. It is just an example how
> we waste developer cycles on irrelevant problems like this. This is why
> we should not try to keep every conceivable hack in the tree.
While I get your point, you seem to be very eager to put everything into
the worst possible light. May I suggest you say it with a somewhat sweeter
voice next time ? ;-)
(you know how harsh and proficient I can be at flaming back, so better
don't challenge me ;-)))

And yes, I certainly agree on removing it in case it is a problem
(unless it's really needed to make some programs work, and even then it
could be debated whether those programs that are broken enough to actually
need an original Win32s subsystem are *really* worth supporting).

--
The Declaration of Software Freedom:
http://freedevelopers.net/freedomdec/index.php