docbook (was: Re: ComputerName)

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Thu Nov 7 03:35:59 CST 2002

Am Mit, 2002-11-06 um 22.11 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:

> Well, I personally have no love for SGML, and I think the man pages
> are just fine in troff.

If you don't like SGML, why is it the docs are SGML ?

If we'd convert those few man pages, we'd have more flexibility
(ability to combine docs & manpages in a single format) and
less danger of the docs & man pages becoming inconsistent, it'd be easy
to have a "wine man pages" section in the WWW docs, etc.

Not that I really care a lot though. I can edit troff if it's necessary.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409