Wine FAQ - call for a volunteer

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Nov 7 08:44:27 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 11:43:39AM +0100, Ulf Dambacher wrote:
> Just one tip:
> Why not use a wiki-Engine to creaate/maintain a faq, like e.g.
> www.squirrelmail.net does?
> I recommend phpwiki (http://phpwiki.sourceforge.net/) This way users can
> maintain the faq and it is most up to date!
The #1 problem of the FAQ in the FAQ-O-Matic was its maintenance,
which has also been caused by users adding entries that either needed
quite some attention or didn't make sense at all.
I don't see how a Wiki would substantially change this.
Thus it's probably really best to have the FAQ in CVS for everyone who's
*serious* about properly maintaining it to be able to maintain it.
(but given the earth-shaking previous amount of contributions, I guess
that it might happen that the FAQ gets outdated again)

Oh, and BTW, when I thought about doing a non-static "support area",
I had also had a hard look at Wiki based systems, but went for the FOM
instead... :)