Wine 0.9 TODO v0.1

Dustin Navea speeddymon at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 7 11:55:37 CST 2002

--- Rick Romero <rick at valeoinc.com> wrote:

> > > In this case Appdb is already there, and only needs a maintainer.
> > > No need to duplicate work.
> > >
> > > If you disagree, listen to what you wrote and compare it with Appdb
> > > contents...
> > >  > b) A index page with a table:
> > >  >
> > >  > > ------------------------------------------------------------
> > >  > > | Name                | Version |  Status                  |
> > >  > > ------------------------------------------------------------
> > >  > > | Internet Explorer   | 5.5     |  XXX--                   |
> > >  > > ------------------------------------------------------------
> > >  > > ....
> > >  > and a page for every application.
> > >

> > Problem with using the AppDB is that it is highly disorganized, and most
> of
> > the apps are non-working in there, his suggestion his that we only list
> > 'officially' tested and working apps on this/these page(s) AFAICS..
>
> Maybe you could add a "Wine tested/Approved" Stamp or something similiar
> to AppDB (Approved image displays if column 'Approved' = 'Y'),
> then display all and sort by that column.
>
> No duplication.

Not a bad idea, but the other thing is that users are going to want to be
able to look at one page that lists all of the working apps and if they want
more info they can click the link.  At the top (or bottom) we could have a
link that references the AppDB, something like:

Don't see your App listed here?  Check the AppDB to see the status of it and
what you can do to help get it working.  http://appdb.winehq.com

Should suffice.

-Dustin