Debian Maintainer

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Fri Nov 8 03:55:23 CST 2002

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Michael Wetherell wrote:

> > Ove Kaaven wrote:
> > >If you want, you or someone else could help by checking the Debian bugs on
> > >the package though
>
> Ok sounds good. Did you want me to just contact you with a list of bugs you
> can close out, or should I apply to become a Debian maintainer so that I can
> close them out?

You don't have to be a Debian maintainer to access the Debian BTS. It
works on the trust system, anyone at all can change (including closing) a
bug on any package. This used to be a disadvantage when spammers started
adding xxx-close at bugs.debian.org addresses to their database, but I think
they just added a spam filter, there's still no real restrictions as far
as I know. So if you want to close the bugs yourself, you can. But you can
also send me a list if would rather have me close them anyway.

> On Friday 08 November 2002 1:07 am, Tony Lambregts wrote:
> > I am not sure this is the best way but I would suggest  that for each
> > Debian bug in the you should start a bug in Wine's Bugzilla. (That is
> > assuming the bug is actualy in wine in wine of course) you should
> > provide a url link to the debian bug in wine and vice versa.
>
> Ok, I'll create bugzilla bugs for any that arn't already in there.

Thanks.