Wine 0.8: VB compatibility !!

Ender winedev at admdev.com
Fri Nov 8 04:41:53 CST 2002

They do?

A few weeks ago I was writing a VB app for some contract work I was doing
- and I wrote, and tested, the application under WINE.

The visual studio VB IDE has a few odd problems with property sheets and
the like, but I never experienced a single problem running the application
itself under WINE.

-- Sidenote:

I've just quickly played with various VB testcases under Wine.... and not
had a single problem with any of them. Even down to writing a simple
DirectX game in VB, that worked fine too. I've tested VB3 and VB6 as
that's all I've got on hand.

Can you point to any actual examples of failure? From my testing I cannot
find anything which specifically points VB as having problems. It's more
likely just your every day problem of a program calling unimplemented
APIs. Eg, nothing related to the program being written in Visual Basic as
opposed to C/Assembly/Delphi/Python/whatever.

Or, alternativly, it's a specific control causing the problems.

 - Ender