wine button

Mike Hearn m.hearn at signal.qinetiq.com
Fri Nov 8 09:54:01 CST 2002

[ps i assumed by what was written you meant for this to go to wine-devel
but didn't hit reply-to-all, sorry if it was meant for me only]

> There's the application, and button with a wine bottle, that says
> 'works with wine'.  You could come up with quite a few jokes with that.

heh, true. It doesn't look good with the first letter capitalized, at
least imho, and probably wouldn't alter the impression non-initiates
would get. I tried putting "windows emulator" underneath, but it looks a
bit out of place and kind of reduces the impact. It also makes it harder
to scale down, at 50% of the size you can still read the "works with
wine" text, but not the "windows emulator" underneath.

It might also piss off people who say "Wine is not an emulator" :)

Actually, letting people make jokes about it might be a good thing - I
doubt many people would actually take it literally and assuming they do
find out, if they're talking and joking about it, they're more likely to
remember it too.