Question regarding the debate over whether Wine Is Not an Emulator or not..

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Fri Nov 8 21:22:11 CST 2002

On 8 Nov 2002, Marcus Brubaker wrote:

> Why not just address that critique of emulators in the specific context
> of WINE?  Personally, I think that would be more effective.  Something
> like "And while some may think that emulators are doomed to painfully
> substandard performance...."  And then fill in with arguments
> like...well, wine isn't REALLY an emulator persay...or something like
> that.

If going that way you can use the following:

Debunking Wine Myths

1. Myth 1: "Wine is slow because it is an emulator"

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
     Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.