winamp patch A0

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Sat Nov 9 11:08:15 CST 2002

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 11:43:32AM -0500, Vincent Béron wrote:
> This doesn't seem the place to do it, since if we specify something
> different (in config) then the registry keys do not match, and some
> other app could possibly have some problems.
>
> Would it be possible to generate automatically those keys with a call to
> GetVersionEx or something similar?
I *knew* that it'd receive this reply ! ;-\

I've also been thinking about doing it semi-dynamically after a call to
GetVersion*(), but I was a bit unsure about it.
Should we do it like that ?

Note that these registry keys are a *global* thing (wineserver !), whereas
the version value returned depends on the wine *instance* ("smart" detection
algorithm). This could spell trouble...

--
"My attitude is, everybody should try competing with Microsoft once in their life. Once."
- Marc Andreessen, former Netscape lead employee, in a "browser wars" interview