Help support

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Nov 10 03:28:04 CST 2002

On November 10, 2002 04:18 am, Eric Pouech wrote:
> agreed, but I don't call installing mozilla-Win32 on linux to have CHM
> support a final solution either

No, it's not. But it can be massaged in the right solution. That is,
we can start using IWebBrower all over the plave were we needed, we
enable a bunch of 3rd party apps that depend on it, etc. And all this
independent of how IWebBrowser is implemented. True, initally we can
start with Mozilla-win32 (which we all agree is not nice, but practical),
and we can try to make it run using a standard Mozilla installation,
just like Galeon. But in the meantime, we have a solution in place
which works, even if with a bit more code than necessary (but hey, HD
is cheap these days, who cares). Having a working version is a win-win
for everybody:
  - for users, they can use their apps just fine
  - for developers, as it's much easier to start from a working version

> the only issue is how long will it take ?

As I said, theoretically Mozilla-win32 should work right out of the box.
If not, we have bugs that need solving regardless. We know Mozilla-win32
works just fine under Wine (fine, it has some menu problems, but these
are irrelevant in this case). This is the big step. Now all we need to
check is if their implementation of IWebBrowser works.

--
Dimi.