Question regarding the debate over whether Wine Is Not an Emulator or not..

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Nov 10 23:47:44 CST 2002

On November 8, 2002 10:22 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> If going that way you can use the following:
>
> Debunking Wine Myths
>
> 1. Myth 1: "Wine is slow because it is an emulator"
>    http://www.winehq.com/about/index.php?myths

Yeah, that's a good start. But I think it's better to avoid the
whole issue by just not using the work emulator that much. It
doesn't seem to matter that we say it's NOT an emulator. People
seem to remember something about an emulator... :(

We should try to position Wine as a (1) PE loader, and (2) toolkit.
Both are Good Things in geek culture (see ELF loader, and GTK/QT/wxWindows),
so hopefully we'll have fewer battles to fight.

--
Dimi.