Mozilla 1.0.1 Win32 works almost flawlessly

Dominik Strasser dominik.strasser at infineon.com
Mon Nov 11 02:31:05 CST 2002

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:
> On November 7, 2002 11:40 am, Andreas Mohr wrote:
>
> [Cc:ed to the list maybe people want to comment of it]
>

>>Now how to solve the winelauncher wineboot launch problem ?
>>This needs to be done on first launch only, and it needs to avoid race
>>conditions.
>>Maybe we could add the lockfile command (courtesy procmail) to Wine
>>and implement it with that ?
>

> I think we need a well defined notion of 'boot'
>
> What about this: on server startup, we do this:
>
>    if (wine_need_reboot())
> 	spawn("wineboot");
>
> The thing is:
>   1. dead simple
>   2. atomic, avoids races
>   3. fast
>
> Surely I may be missing something, but what's wrong with the above?
> (mind you, I know nothing about the server, but still... :))

Ever since this discussion has started, I am thinking of doing the above
on server _shutdown_. But I always had (and have) the feeling that I am
missing something.

Regards

Dominik

--
Dominik Strasser	 | Phone:  +49 89 234-43691
Infineon Technologies AG | Fax:    +49 89 234-42284
CL DAT TDM VM		 | E-Mail:Dominik.Strasser at infineon.com
D-81730 Muenchen	 | Room: 53-263