Wine's compatibility lists (updated)

Alberto Massari alby at exln.com
Mon Nov 11 07:44:00 CST 2002

Hi Carlos,

At 13.27 09/11/2002 +0100, Carlos Lozano wrote:

>Hello,
>
>It includes 3 lists, a gold list with applications what are
>working almost 100% in wine, a silver list with application
>what could be working in wine with some work in them, and
>the full list with every test done :)

Speaking about IE 5.5, I was able to install it without first installing
dcom95/98 simply by placing rundll32.exe in the c:\windows directory.
I know that a pre-requisite of the compatibility list is not to have files
coming from a Windows installation, so I wanted to ask everybody: should be
build a built-in version of rundll32.exe (just like we have regedit and
regsvr32)? Or is this job already on the plate of who is in charge of doing
the "reboot" utility (a bunch of the RunOnce entries written by the
installer of IE are calls to rundll32.exe)? Or am I volunteering for the
job? ;-)

Alberto

Alberto Massari
eXcelon Corp.