Wine's compatibility lists (updated)

Alberto Massari alby at
Mon Nov 11 13:23:33 CST 2002

At 13.11 11/11/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>On Monday 11 November 2002 07:44 am, Alberto Massari wrote:
> > Hi Carlos,
> >
> > Or is this job already on
> > the plate of who is in charge of doing the "reboot" utility (a bunch
> > of the RunOnce entries written by the installer of IE are calls to
> > rundll32.exe)?
>Isn't rundll32's job to run out-of-process COM servers which have been
>registered, for example, via regsvr32?  If I have this right, this is
>not going to be an easy thing to implement, since it will need data
>marshalling, and other scary features, some of which I am working on
>now....right?  I think we need some of the COM wizards around here to
>provide some guidance on this.

No, its job is to run an entry point from a DLL.
rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection

is supposed to load advpack.dll, locate the LaunchINFSection entry point
and invoke it with the "C:\\WINDOWS\\inf\\mplayer2.inf,PerUserStub.NT"

It's syntax is documented in the Knowledge Base article Q164787 (or at

It turned out to be pretty easy to implement: I already have a working
version :-)

Alberto Massari
eXcelon Corp.