[RFC] The new Wine FAQ

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Nov 11 16:44:46 CST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Fabian Cenedese wrote:

> >At the moment, it is available for your viewing pleasure here:
> >
> >         http://www.dssd.ca/Wine-FAQ.html
>
>  From the FAQ:
> ---
> Will MFC work with Wine? What do I need to do?
>
> Work is underway to support this. In fact a libmfc42.so has already been
> written. You can expect a working MFC porting system relatively soon.
> ---
>
> What is the status of this libmfc? It's not mentioned in the status page
> http://www.winehq.com/about/index.php?status

That FAQ is incorrect or at least misleading. Wine is not implementing
an MFC replacement nor does it intend to. Thus libmfc is not mentioned
in the status page. However it is possible (with a lot of work) to
compile the MFC from source and thus produce an mfc42.dll.so library.

How to do it is (meant to be) described in the Winelib guide.  Well,
there are some intructions already though they are incomplete and/or
outdated.

                           La terre est une bêta...