Wine button take 2

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Nov 11 17:19:15 CST 2002

On 11 Nov 2002, Mike Hearn wrote:

> Here's my next attempt. It's smaller, thinner, anything I missed?
>
> A few things to consider
>
> - Biggest issue, what happens if we ask somebody to put up a Works With
> Wine button, and then they release a new version that doesn't? Do they
> take the button down?

The application database distinguishes between different versions of an
application, i.e. it has separate pages for WinZip 8.1 and WinZip 2002.
So the button could point to the page of the latest version known to
work in Wine.

In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they're different.