dsl file for sgml faq

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Nov 11 17:52:25 CST 2002

On November 10, 2002 11:25 pm, Vincent Béron wrote:
> Dimitrie, the actual HTML code is rather ugly in it's source
> presentation, so don't hand-edit it :P Anyway, it's not meant to be
> hand-edited, that's what sgml and docbook are for. The layout is exactly
> what you already have, although with some small modifications to the
> layout the dsl file can be alot simpler.

Good stuff. Looked over it, looks good. I don't particularly like
breaking the faq into different files, but that's minor.

The problem is of course that the .dsl files looks very...complicated :)
It raises the bar quite a bit as compared to the HTML markup, but if
people are so hot about SGML, so be it.

> Tony, you can begin the transition if Dimitrie likes it (and when you
> have the time to).

I say we do this:
  1. incorporate whatever changes people see necessary in the next few days
  2. push the current HTML FAQ to WineHQ
  3. start the HTML->SGML conversion

With these in mind:
  -- if you have suggestions, complaints, etc. please voice them now
  -- Jeremy, when can we get the FAQ on the site?

--
Dimi.