Wine's compatibility lists (updated)

Alberto Massari alby at exln.com
Tue Nov 12 06:50:14 CST 2002

Hi Andreas,

At 17.17 11/11/2002 +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:44:00PM +0100, Alberto Massari wrote:
>[...]
> > I know that a pre-requisite of the compatibility list is not to have files
> > coming from a Windows installation, so I wanted to ask everybody:
> should be
> > build a built-in version of rundll32.exe (just like we have regedit and
> > regsvr32)? Or is this job already on the plate of who is in charge of
> doing
> > the "reboot" utility (a bunch of the RunOnce entries written by the
> > installer of IE are calls to rundll32.exe)? Or am I volunteering for the
> > job? ;-)
>Yes, this should be done (should be fairly easy, too).
>And yes, you are ;-)
>(and no, I'm not working on this part)

Just one more thing I want to check with you: the reboot utility should
also perform the rename/move/delete operations that
MoveFileEx(...,MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT) stores in the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session
Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/base/movefileex.asp
for the details).

Thanks,
Alberto