DIB engine

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Wed Nov 13 07:58:54 CST 2002

Impolitely cc'ed to wine-devel w/o your permission...

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 11:30 pm, vinn at theshell.com wrote:
> Just curious, in lieu of your excellent merging
> skills, [...]

heh, what a silly claim to fame.  But thanks for the compliment :)

> have you considered tackling the DIB engine
> from TransGaming?

actually, I have.  Maybe once I finish the current wave of work on rpcss
(soon, I think) I will take a look at this.  It might be a little more
of a challenge for me since I don't know a thing about X11 coding...
but then again I didn't know much about RPC until I started diving into
it, and since I hear it's a bit of a challenge, the prospect of
learning X11 coding appeals to me anyhow.

> Once again, it seems like a huge code drop waiting
> for someone to split it up.  I looked through it
> briefly and it looked fairly straightforward.  Maybe
> Huw Davies has some ideas about it?

yup.  The only thing that gives me pause is that the RPC stuff is far
from finished and I would like to keep some forward momentum in that
department as well... but who says I can't multitask?  I'd certainly be
glad to take a look at it.

--
gmt

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things;
the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic
feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much
worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing
to fight; nothing he cares about more than his own
personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no
chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the
exertions of better persons than himself."

-- John Stuart Mill