Making screenshots

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Wed Nov 13 11:44:32 CST 2002

On November 13, 2002 01:19 am, Francois Gouget wrote:

Thanks for your input. I've updated the section accordingly, please
check it out. I am still missing a *good* example shot, that
illustrates all the points we are making. Help with this one is
appreciated.

> If a standard size were to be decided upon I would rather vote for
> 1024x768 than for 800x600.

*I* much prefer 1024x768 myself, as I run in 1600x1200. But according to
most polls (Slashdot, etc.), most people still run 1024x768, and at that
resolution, it takes scrolling to see a 1024x768 screenshot... And that
blows chunks, really. So 800x600 seems to be a good compromise.

> If the screenshot is to go in the application database then I
> think taking just the application window is enough.

I'm not sure about this. In fact, I think we _have_ to have a bit of
desktop. If you want just screenshots of the app, click on the link
that takes you to it's homepage, you'll find plenty there. We are
trying to showcase *Wine*. Wine is the glue between the app, and
Linux, and you need both to show that the glue works...

--
Dimi.