CoInitialize

steve.lustbader at philips.com steve.lustbader at philips.com
Wed Nov 13 13:39:36 CST 2002

One of the threads in my app calls CoInitialize, expecting it
to return S_OK (in fact, it's followed by an assert statement
requiring that it returns S_OK).  When I run it in Wine, however,
CoInitialize returns S_FALSE, implying that this thread has
already initialized the COM library.  Other threads call
CoInitialize, but this is the first time that this thread calls it.
Does Wine initialize COM differently from Windows?  Are the other
threads' calls to CoInitialize screwing up this thread's call?

-Steve