remerge of msvc re-raise exception patch from Alberto

Greg Turner gmturner007 at ameritech.net
Wed Nov 13 14:13:58 CST 2002

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 01:07 pm, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Greg Turner <gmturner007 at ameritech.net> writes:
> > Another unmerged patch I'd like to see go in.  cppexcept.c has
> > changed a bit since this was submitted so I've tried to merge in
> > the changes (at a glance, this seems to have worked).  Let me know
> > if there's anything that needs fixing before it can go in.
>
> This one should no longer be necessary. If you still have exception
> troubles with the current CVS please send me a trace.

hmmm... I've only run this through the debugger once, and even then I
just observed the ever-increasing stack size and deduced that this was
not handled... but I guess that explains why, IIRC, I was seeing bad
pointer references instead of NULL one's as before.

Should a +seh trace be sufficient for a meaningful investigation?  If
so, I can whip up a quite tidy (iow, small) one, with some annotations
describing what I'm doing with the app, and post it to the list.

Never mind... before I bother wasting everyone's time (or even just
yours), I'll take a closer look at this myself; maybe there's something
obvious (or perhaps even something mildly esoteric) that I can fix, or
at least diagnose, myself.  If not, at least some time in the debugger
will hopefully clarify what's going on just before TSHTF, which might
make a trace eaiser for whomever to interpret.

thanks,

--
gmt

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things;
the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic
feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much
worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing
to fight; nothing he cares about more than his own
personal safety; is a miserable creature who has no
chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the
exertions of better persons than himself."

-- John Stuart Mill