dsl file for sgml faq

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Nov 14 12:47:02 CST 2002

Vincent Béron wrote:

> Tony Lambregts a écrit:
>
>> I have been fighting with trying to get your sample built on my
>> system. The end point for me seems to be that in order to use your
>> faq.dsl I need docbook DTD 4.2. RedHat 7.2 has  Docbook 3.0 through
>> 4.1 but  4.1 just does not cut it.
>>
>> jade:../faq.dsl:50:24:E: reference to undefined variable
>> "$generate-article-lot-list$"
>>
>> The sgml tools  site  has only 3.0/2
>>
>> So I feel very THICK  and ned some enlightenment  on what direction
>> to take either.
>>
>> 1) It seems pointless to rely on something (docBook 4.2 DTD) that is
>> difficult to get, so no one will use it so, no one will maintain the
>> FAQ.
>

> Silly me, not thinking about others. It runs fine with docbook 3.1
> (modify the doctype at top of wine-faq.sgml) if you remove the
> articleinfo pair (but you can keep the title).
>

>> 2) I am THICK and I it will be quickly apparent what I should do once
>> I have more informatioin.
>>

> You're NOT thick! It's just that I do things here (on my machine), and
> I don't always check if it would work on other machines.
>
> Vincent

When I made the suggested changes I still get the same error...

[tony at tony documentation]$ db2html -d ../faq.dsl wine-faq.sgml
output is wine-faq
Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-3.1.cat
Using stylesheet: ../faq.dsl
Working on: /usr/local/src/wine/documentation/wine-faq.sgml
jade:../faq.dsl:50:24:E: reference to undefined variable
"$generate-article-lot-list$"

No ouput....

--

Tony Lambregts