dsl file for sgml faq

Tony Lambregts tony_lambregts at telusplanet.net
Thu Nov 14 14:29:05 CST 2002

Vincent Béron wrote:

> Tony Lambregts a écrit:
>
>> Vincent Béron wrote:

>>> Silly me, not thinking about others. It runs fine with docbook 3.1
>>> (modify the doctype at top of wine-faq.sgml) if you remove the
>>> articleinfo pair (but you can keep the title).

>>> You're NOT thick! It's just that I do things here (on my machine),
>>> and I don't always check if it would work on other machines.
>>>
>>> Vincent
>>>
>> When I made the suggested changes I still get the same error...
>>
>> [tony at tony documentation]$ db2html -d ../faq.dsl wine-faq.sgml
>> output is wine-faq
>> Using catalogs: /etc/sgml/sgml-docbook-3.1.cat
>> Using stylesheet: ../faq.dsl
>> Working on: /usr/local/src/wine/documentation/wine-faq.sgml
>> jade:../faq.dsl:50:24:E: reference to undefined variable
>> "$generate-article-lot-list$"
>

> Ok, it's the definition of the article element which causes problems.
>
> What is your dsssl-stylesheets version? You can locate db31.dsl and
> look in the parents directory name.

dsssl-stylesheets-1.64

> I needed to copy some definitions (bad thing to do, as your
> experiencing shows) to precisely control the HTML layout.
>
> Try with the enclosed dsl file (warning: endlines are probably MS),
> and compare the differences (if it works ;-)). Then tell me which
> differences you absolutely need, or want, and I'll try to get them in
> a portable way.
>
> Vincent

I had to modify the  faq-plain.dsl a little to get output

><!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
><!ENTITY walsh-style PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML Stylesheet//
><!ENTITY cygnus-style SYSTEM "/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/cygnus/cygn
>]>

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY walsh-style PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML
Stylesheet//EN" CDATA DSSSL>
<!ENTITY cygnus-style SYSTEM
"/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheet/dsssl/docbook/cygnus/cygnus-both.dsl" CDATA DSSSL>
]>

>(define %html-pubid% "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN")
>(define %html-header-tags% '(("META" ("HTTP-EQUIV" "Content-Type") ("CONTENT" "t

(define %html-header-tags% '(("META" ("HTTP-EQUIV" "Content-Type")
("CONTENT" "text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"))))

>(define %use-id-as-filename% #t)
>(define %html-ext% ".html")
>
>(define %stylesheet% "faq.css")
>(define %stylesheet-type% "text/css")

><external-specification id="docbook" document="walsh-style">

With those changes I get output (but not the prety stuff ) <grin>

--

Tony Lambregts