COM Enhancement patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Thu Nov 14 18:35:00 CST 2002

Christian Costa <titan.costa at> writes:

> I've sent a patch for ddraw COM management, I did not have any
> comments and the patch has been rejected.
> Could someone tell me if something is wrong or lacking?

Well, I was hoping some of the COM experts would comment on that. If
I understand it right you are avoiding writing some thunking routines
for older interfaces, at the cost of an extra pointer access in every
function. I'm not convinced it's a good trade-off, but I'd like to
hear other opinions.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at