C++ tests (1/2)

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Nov 14 18:47:30 CST 2002

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> Then of course we want normal C++ tests as well. Many (most?)
> applications likely to be ported by Winelib are C++ application
> so we really should have tests for possible C++ problems.

The Wine tests are supposed to test the implementation, not the
compilation. And building C++ apps with Winelib is a complex issue
that you won't be able to test in the Wine framework, except with
carefully tweaked code that won't match what real apps do anyway.

Frankly, the likelihood of catching a real problem that way is much
too small to justify the complexity of a whole new test environment.
We just got rid of the Perl framework, please let's not add a new one.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com