COM Enhancement patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Fri Nov 15 12:29:01 CST 2002

Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> writes:

> In any case, for the moment I rewrote most of the COM part for the Direct3D
> code using Christian's patch (as it made my life much easier :-) ). Now, if
> it won't go into the tree, I could add thunking to it (should not be that
> hard). Just take a decision soon so as to not have a 11 klines patch lying
> in my tree for too long...

I think I prefer if you write the thunks. Sure it's a bit annoying,
but it only has to be done once, they don't really need to be
maintained afterwards; and I'm afraid that if we add the "easy" macros
they will get used everywhere, not just where it saves 34 thunks, and
we will lose performance without good reason.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com