COM Enhancement patch

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Fri Nov 15 12:29:01 CST 2002

Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at> writes:

> In any case, for the moment I rewrote most of the COM part for the Direct3D
> code using Christian's patch (as it made my life much easier :-) ). Now, if
> it won't go into the tree, I could add thunking to it (should not be that
> hard). Just take a decision soon so as to not have a 11 klines patch lying
> in my tree for too long...

I think I prefer if you write the thunks. Sure it's a bit annoying,
but it only has to be done once, they don't really need to be
maintained afterwards; and I'm afraid that if we add the "easy" macros
they will get used everywhere, not just where it saves 34 thunks, and
we will lose performance without good reason.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at