Stub implementation of CABINET.DLL

Patrik Stridvall ps at leissner.se
Sat Nov 16 03:17:06 CST 2002

> On Friday 15 November 2002 12:47 pm, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > Now that we have the permission to use cabextract
> > under the LGPL it would be useful to have stubs
> > for CABINET.DLL so intrested people can work
> > with implementing it with fewer "infrastructure"
> > problems.
[snip]
> Anyone working on this?  If not I'd be glad to take it on,
> seems like it
> should be easy.

I personally doesn't currently have that much time to work with it.

However, when I saw that not much happend despite
getting code from cabextrect under LGPL I thought
that perhaps people were having trouble on how
to create a new DLL in Wine and how to extract
the declarations from the Microsoft header without
creating a derived work. I have done it many
times before so thought why not do it...

So I very happy that somebody is intrested in continuing.

PS. If anybody have some other DLL that they wish to implement
but don't now how to do it, don't hesitate to ask me to
create a stub DLL with related headers.