[email protected]

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Mon Nov 18 11:16:40 CST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 12:02, Mark Hannessen wrote:
> > I know I sound like a broken record, but just so it's out there:
>
> > Visual Foxpro 5 and 6 IDE's DO run under Wine, BUT, left mouse clicks in
> > child windows are broken.  I've compiled and run VFP apps under wine,
> > but it's a pain in the butt to go kybd only in a Visual IDE :P
>
> are you volontairing ?

To make it work?  The issue is listed under bug #434, and is WAY beyond
me.  I would LOVE to be able to make it work (1/2 my desktop apps are
VFP), but the issue is WAY beyond my understanding.  I spent 3 days
finding the regression, and at least 2 weeks trying to figure out what
the issue is.   I even went to a crash C++ class in leiu of Java in
hopes of gaining some insight into how this all worked..

Nope, haven't been able to move on that issue at all :(

So far, I think it's only limited to VFP, and with there being VERY
limited feedback regarding VFP apps, I think this issue will die with
VFP.  It's possible it doesn't even exist in VFP 7 (.Net IIRC) apps, but
I can't test that.

On my end, my commercial VFP desktop applications now have Linux
alternatives (ACCPAC Pro and Advantage Series), that I have to take a
look at anyways.  We're outgrowing VFP table sizes.  My custom apps are
cheezy, and just need to be recreated in something more robust.  I think
that's what's happening to VFP as a whole.

Rick

Rick Romero
IT Manager
Valeo, Inc.	ph: 262.695.4841