wine commandline options

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Mon Nov 18 13:27:27 CST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 13:21, Rein Klazes wrote:
> On 18 Nov 2002 11:06:40 -0600, you wrote:
>

> > I was playing with Pegasus Mail (silver list) to see what I could get
> > working.  It looks like it doesn't detect winsock.dll using it's own
> > 'search algorythm, so the TCP/IP options don't get enabled - hence the
> > (paraphrased) 'wtf?' in the silver list description.
>
> From a thread in the newsgroup more then a year ago, I understand that
> pegasus looks for the existance of a file winsock32.dll in  the system
> dir. A "touch winsock32.dll" was enough to convince it that winsock
> was installed.

It seems 'touch wsock32.dll' in the system32 directory works as well.
For whatever reason though, it's not enough to tell Pmail to run the
inital setup wizard.  Though I don't think that's a glaring issue.

What is an issue, on my system the Pmail window doesn't refresh properly
when changing virtual desktops.  I don't remember that happening in the
past, so I'm testing other versions of wine to see if it's a regression,
or my famously bad memory :)  (or maybe something changed from Pmail
3.12 to 4.02 that's caused it..)

Rick

> Rein.
Rick Romero