windres vs. wrc

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 09:05:52 CST 2002

> In the past there were some patches for windres from the ReactOS guys, but
> AFAIK nothing related to the above bugs.

I dont know if you guys cross-compile to test wine/mingw or not but Alexandre patched the build
system so all wrc resources get feed to wrc then windres for linking when building under Windows.
I am not 100% sure about the bugs in windres but I know that the format of wrc resources were a
issue untill this patch. I have never had a problem building a dll or winelib app and using
windres if the resource is feed to wrc first. These bugs are non-issues except for us (ReactOS)
when we start to import the WINE dlls and applications with resources. We will have to change our
build system to incorporate wrc before linking to windress if we want to minimize forking of code.

Thanks
Steven