Pegasus Mail 4.02 ('Silver' App)

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Wed Nov 20 16:15:08 CST 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 15:45, Duane Clark wrote:
> Rick Romero wrote:
>

> > I'm not sure what Alexandre may not have liked other than the extra
> > stuff that was in there, so I yanked out the extra things that didn't do
> > anything, and did a cvs diff -u .
> >
> > How is this one?  (Should I have done it from wine/ instead ?)
> >

> Well, here was his comment at the time:
> http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-devel/2002/08/0360.html
<text>Well, SW_HIDE is supposed to hide the window, not iconify it, so we
are not supposed to get a MapNotify at this point. What is probably
missing is proper handling for hiding an iconified window.
<endtext>

Dah.  I thought it just had gone uncommented.  I'll try and look ito
SW_HIDE then..

But in my case, I never attempt to minimize the window, merely selecting
the option to hide the window from the taskbar, and changing desktops
causes the application window to 'freeze'.

I wonder if maybe the patch could be reduced to:
-        SendMessageA( hwnd, WM_SHOWWINDOW, SW_RESTORE, 0 );
+        SendMessageA( hwnd, WM_SHOWWINDOW, SW_RESTORE, SW_SHOW );

I'll try and get that done in 15 minutes..

Rick

Rick Romero
IT Manager
Valeo, Inc.	ph: 262.695.4841