__int64

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Nov 21 01:21:02 CST 2002

Hmm,

Another header problem. When compiling Putty with Wine's headers,
I get this errors:

In file included from /home/dimi/dev/wine/wine.src/include/msvcrt/wchar.h:12,
                 from wcwidth.c:9:
/home/dimi/dev/wine/wine.src/include/msvcrt/io.h:42: parse error before "__int64"
/home/dimi/dev/wine/wine.src/include/msvcrt/io.h:42: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
/home/dimi/dev/wine/wine.src/include/msvcrt/io.h:44: parse error before '}' token
/home/dimi/dev/wine/wine.src/include/msvcrt/io.h:60: parse error before "__int64"

Reason is that __int64 is not defined. Now, this happens when I compile
a file that has only one include:

#include <wchar.h>

As a quick hack, I've added this:

typedef long long      __int64;

to include/msvcrt/sys/types.h, but it doesn't look like the
right fix. We define __int64 in here:

include/basetsd.h:#define __int64 long long

but why a define and not a typedef? Should we include this file
from one of the msvcrt header files? I really don't like doing
that, but than again, I don't know much about the organization
of our headers, or most importantly, the way MS does it...

--
Dimi.