Listview WM_NOTIFYFORMAT and LVN_GETDISPINFO

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 21 09:19:02 CST 2002

Hi Dimi,

   I have been doing some work on OWNERDATA listviews with Outlook and
have found something with my test programs.

   Even if i create a Dialog with DialogBoxW to contain the listview,
and return NFR_UNICODE for WM_NOTIFYFORMAT my windows 2000 box still
calls notifies with LVN_GETDISPINFOA and NOT LVN_GETDISPINFOW.

   I wondered if you had found a counter example in your own tests, or
if you had just assumed that windows would act rationally. If it was an
assumption then I will happily make a patch that mimic the behavior of
my test program. If you have your own windows test program that shows
other behavior maybe you can send it to me and we can see what is wrong
with my test program.

   thanks
-aric