Seperating winelibs from main wine

Shachar Shemesh wine-devel at
Thu Nov 21 10:25:57 CST 2002

Mike Hearn wrote:

>>Am I missing something here?
>Not sure. I was under the impression that Winelib apps used wineserver,
>the protocol for which won't be frozen until 1.0 - this might be what he
I will have to confess utter ignorance here. However, this does not seem
a wise choice to me. Performing the communications with the wineserver
from the app itself (rather than from dlls the app is dynamically linked
with) seem to me like asking for trouble, if only because it deviates
significantly from the way Windows apps are built.

Can anyone who actually knows the answer (unlike me, that is `-) please
comment here?