RFC: console & curses

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 21 13:26:47 CST 2002

> Sure, that's the initial invocation. But beyond that, what if
> I run a a windows app, and that one starts a command line app?
> In that case, I don't want wineconsole to pop up, but rather
> my console of choice. A common example is winedbg: it starts up
> in wineconsole, but I'd rather have it start in konsole...
this won't be easily possible, because wine has no knowledge on what
currently exists on the terminal
the whole point of the proposal is:
- if the user launches a wine program from the shell, then wine controls
the terminal and we're fine
- in any other cases, we don't (easily) know. therefore,
wineconsole/user is forced

A+