RFC: console & curses

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Thu Nov 21 14:40:41 CST 2002

On November 21, 2002 03:25 pm, Eric Pouech wrote:
> > This seems complicated... :)
>
> that's why we need to simplify what we want to do ;-))

:)))))

> this won't work, because CreateProcess passes from parent to child some
> context information the child get it from wineserver using its parent
> process id in your case, wine myprog.exe ppid will we xterm, not the
> parent process

That's fine, I was just saying what the process _looks_ like from outside.
That is to say, it's quite counterintuitive why you can not pick your
console, as in some cases, it works just fine... (ie. xterm -e "wine...").

So obviously we can't simply do:
	CreateProcess("xterm -e 'wine myprog.exe'")

but rather something like (in theory):
	p1 = CreateProcess("xterm")
	p2 = CreateProcess("myprog.exe'")
and somehow tell p2 about p1, so it can bind to it.
Now, this is the point, it seems, where you're saying
that we don't know stuff about p1, and I'm saying
that we've just created it ourselves, what is it that
we don't know? Or am I completely off?

--
Dimi.