[Fwd: Re: Wine developers want Pegasus Mail as a 'Gold' app]

Rick Romero rick at valeoinc.com
Thu Nov 21 16:13:41 CST 2002

I contacted David Harris, author of Pegasus Mail, and here's what he had
to say.  I am totally lost when it comes to the windowing stuff, I'm not
sure what's X and what's Windows.  Hopefully that can help a little.. I
know the patches thread was really self-explanatory, but was centered on
the app being iconified. I don't know that this is really any different,
but it just seems more of a 'hiding the taskbar' and not iconifying the
app.  Or am I just stubborn/thick-headed? (well, I am :)
The "Setup Wizard" was something I thought would be good to have, but at
this point, I think David would have to remove the actual file open code
from Pegasus for it to work.

HTH.

Rick