__int64

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Nov 21 18:08:45 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

> On November 21, 2002 06:34 pm, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > I'm not sure what the solution to this is. We could make sure that each
> > and every single Wine header includes (directly or indirectly)
> > 'stddef.h' so that __int64 is always defined. But that seems pretty
> > ugly. Unfortunately I don't see any viable alternative (duplicating the
> > __int64 #defined would be worse).
>
> Since this is supposed to be a compiler thing in Windows, what about a
> -D__int64=long\ long
> on the command line? None of the other #include kludges fix the problem
> properly, because this should be available without any include...

That would work, but it's worse. I checked with Visual C++ and you need:

-D__int8=char -D__int16=short -D__int32=int "-D__int64=long long"

Fortunately they don't have the unsigned variants but I don't know what
else they may have. Also you'll need to adapt these based on the
platform you are compiling on (Alpha, Sparc 32 vs. Sparc 64, etc.)

Ah, this may help:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclang/html/_langref___int8.2c_.__int16.2c_.__int32.2c_.__int64.asp

Yum, MMX datatypes!
(let's ignore them)

The nice thing about meditation is that it makes doing nothing quite respectable
                                  -- Paul Dean