winewrapper

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Nov 21 19:20:01 CST 2002

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> The discussion got too theoretical. All I am saying is that right
> now, working with Winelib is not pleasant. I can talk from personal
> experience. And I think it's in our best interest to remove any
> unnecessary hoops that you have to jump through to get apps compiled
> with Winelib. It's just gonna get us more programmers.

True, it's not pleasant, and one of the reasons is that nobody has
really worked on making it pleasant. It's very good that you are
looking into it, I'm just trying to encourage you to make it pleasant
the right way, instead of simply hiding the unpleasantness under a few
scripts that won't fix the core issues.

Of course creating a symlink is somewhat easier that copying and
modifying a script, but it's not really that user-friendly either, we
should be able to do better than that. I don't know exactly how yet,
but it won't be trivial, and adding the requirement to run out-of-tree
is going to make it even harder. So I think we should concentrate on
making the "normal" way work well first.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com