wine and asyncronous file i/o

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at
Thu Nov 21 21:43:05 CST 2002

I've got an application, which uses an asynchron file stream library. I uses
ReadFileEx() and alertable wait with SleepEx().
This doesn't work right with wine. It seems to get caught in an endless loop.
Wine and wineserver together use 100 % cpu power.

Does anyone already know, what's going wrong here?

I had a quick look at the implementation in wine, but couldn't find any hint
about missing functionality or some thing like this.

Which debug switches wold be usefull to trace this?

Martin Fuchs
martin-fuchs at