Rosetta, wine, sound bug?

Jeff Smith whydoubt at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:29:38 CST 2002

>From: Sylvain Petreolle <spetreolle at yahoo.fr>
>
> > bash-2.05a$ wine -debugmsg +winmm,+wave,+dsound Rosetta.exe
> > trace:winmm:WINMM_LibMain 0x41630000 0x1 (nil)
> > trace:winmm:WINMM_CreateIData Created IData (0x403f0ef8)
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_Install ('wineoss.drv', 'wineoss.drv', mapper=N);
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_Install Got 32 bit func 'auxMessage'
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_Install Got 32 bit func 'mixMessage'
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_Install Got 32 bit func 'midMessage'
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_Install Got 32 bit func 'modMessage'
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_Install Got 32 bit func 'widMessage'
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_Install Got 32 bit func 'wodMessage'
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_GetDescription32 Can't find file wineoss.drv
>                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                                          Shouldn't happen.
> > trace:winmm:MMDRV_Install wineoss.drv => No description

I get similar errors with MMDRV_GetDescription32.  I assumed they
were happening because the actual file wineoss.drv does not exist.
Further, I assumed that MMDRV_GetDescription32 tries to get the
description from locating the relevant record in the actual file.

Please note that I have not had a chance to verify any of this.
I have just recently taken an interest in wine's sound libraries,
and would be glad to help out where I can.

-- Jeff S