winspool.drv again

Steven Edwards Steven_Ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 11:55:58 CST 2002

>The winspool.drv issue is a lot more serious than the
>in-tree execution. This one screws things up badly for
>the PuTTY build system. Should we modify winebuild to
>try to link with winspool.drv, and if that fails with
>winspool.dll when -lwinspool is given? (or the other
>way around, I don't know)
>

>The right approach would be to implement import libraries. This is
>already on my TODO list, I'll bump the priority a bit...

Thanks Alexandre. I tried to do this a while back but was having
problems understanding something in the makefiles for my "make implib"
rule. A fix for the import libs would be great because I have this same
problem when building certain dlls under mingw and keeping the mingw
win32api package and wine in sync is a big waste of time for me.

C:\mingw\bin\..\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe:
cannot f
ind -lwinspool.drv
C:\mingw\bin\dllwrap.exe: C:\mingw\bin\gcc exited with status 1
make: *** [comdlg32.dll] Error 1