Coding standards

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Nov 25 02:50:24 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
[...]
> These are, to the best of my memory, the conclusions. In the examples,
> \t means tab (it will be followed by a real tab), ^ means space:
> 1. Indentations - Hard tabs must be used for indicating indent level.

We don't have a standard but the closest thing we have is code written
by Alexandre and he is certainly not using tabs. He seems tobe using 4
space indentations instead.

Dosn't this:

> \t	for( a=0; b<a;
> \t	\t	a-- )
        ^^

contradict this

> \t	for( a=0; b<a;

The extra tab seems wrong in the first example.
(Yeah, the rules involving tabs are complex and one is way too likely to
get them wrong)

Besides if you leave a space after the '(', isn't it more logical to
align 'a--' with 'a=0'? (Solution: don't leave a space after '(', but
that's just me)

One rule we do have: No space at the end of lines.

                         Stolen from an Internet user:
              "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"