Visual Basic runtimes?

Mike Hearn m.hearn at
Mon Nov 25 06:10:38 CST 2002

(btw, thanks to ove and alexandre for catching my patch booboo). Anyway,
I'm trying to install Tipic IM (, and once I figured out how
to install .msi files in wine (hint: install ie6 then run msiexec /i
foo.msi) I hit the lack of VB runtimes.

It appears the MSI file assumes you already have msvbvm50 and msvbvm60
installed, but of course I don't. Tracking these down on the net wasn't
too hard, but I'm wondering whether Wine could ship with them included
or would it require a cleanroom implementation of these DLLs?

thanks -mike

Mike Hearn <m.hearn at>