wine and asyncronous file i/o

Martin Wilck Martin.Wilck at Fujitsu-Siemens.com
Tue Nov 26 02:37:01 CST 2002

Am Die, 2002-11-26 um 09.11 schrieb Martin Fuchs:

> And yes, there is: If you read the same files as before, but now using a
> network connect (even if the files are located on the same computer), now
> Windows behaves a bit different. The completition function IS called in this
> case with ERROR_HANDLE_EOF as parameter.
>
> I think, this is the reason, why MSDN isn't as exact, as it could (or should)
> be. The behaviour in respect to calling the completition function depends on
> the type of dfriver, which is used to access the files.

Is it correct to say, then, that it is broken behavior by your app to
not handle ERROR_HANDLE_EOF correctly, and that it "runs on Windows"
only if the files you're accessing are on a local disk?

I'm asking because this seems to be one of the rare cases where fixing
the app rather than fixing Wine may be the right thing to do.

By the way, thanks for your very detailed analysis.

Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409