wine and asyncronous file i/o

martin-fuchs at gmx.net martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Tue Nov 26 03:46:12 CST 2002

Hi Martin,

> Is it correct to say, then, that it is broken behavior by your app to
> not handle ERROR_HANDLE_EOF correctly, and that it "runs on Windows"
> only if the files you're accessing are on a local disk?
>
> I'm asking because this seems to be one of the rare cases where fixing
> the app rather than fixing Wine may be the right thing to do.

No, my library handles both cases very well. It does this, because in the
case of network files the file has been read already completely before the last
ReadFileEx() call returns the error code. So there's no problem. My get()
function returns EOF and so the application leaves it read loop.

--
Martin Fuchs
martin-fuchs at gmx.net