Coding standards

Robert North 7ownq0k402 at
Tue Nov 26 12:19:27 CST 2002

David Laight |Wine Mailing Lists| wrote:

>A coding standard really ought to discuss namespace usage and
>pollution.  Any reasonable layout is usually ok.
>(OTOH I much prefer that tab stops be at 8 character intervals.)
Name space polloution, now there's something I should have thought of
myself <Kicking myself hard>.

It's been bugging me for quite a while, as I've had problems serious
with namespace polloution in SQL, and C++.
(It really annoys me when C++ has it's namespace polluted, because
nobody uses the namespace builtin, or the namespace feature is broken in
a compiler)

So, What do people want to do to protect their namespaces ??